If there is one thing Pittsburgh is known for, it’s our neighborhoods. All 90 city nabes, the first-ring suburbs and beyond. We love them deeply, fiercely, with a passion typically reserved for our sports teams. Once, while taking a city-loving visitor around town, we waltzed through Downtown, the North Side, East Liberty, Squirrel Hill, the South Side, the Strip and more. “How many walkable, wonderful neighborhoods can one city have?” he yelled (and we weren’t even halfway through the tour).
We invite you to take a closer look at all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods here. Soon there will be more, along with videos and new photos and updates on the latest happenings.
- What’s next for Bloomfield’s ShurSave? Public debates are giving residents a voice
- Sly Fox Brewing Co. is opening a pub in The Highline, and a Downtown satellite this fall
- Long-vacant Commonwealth Building Downtown will become apartment complex
- 6 seriously healthy (and delicious) chain restaurants we love
- Connection @ South Side brings with it mixed-income housing, retail and better bus stops
- Casa Brasil in Highland Park offers authentic Brazilian fare, and gives other chefs a chance to dish
- Cleveland-based Platform Beer Co. is opening a two-story location in Garfield
- Alisha Wormsley will manage new artwork-in-residency program, the result of the ‘There are Black People in the Future’ controversy
- Community Kitchen Pittsburgh gives those who have been down a path up
- Who are the finalists for the 2018 MBA Building Excellence Awards?
- Mola makes waves in East Liberty serving Asian dishes made with fresh ingredients
- TerriBerriez Sweet Boutique & Cafe will bring chocolates, chili and more to Braddock
- Astroid, a new café in the South Side’s Highline, offers coffee, tea and ‘espressive’
- Adda Coffee & Tea House opens second location, on the North Side
- Carnegie Library partners with Google to bring internet access to all Pittsburghers