If there is one thing Pittsburgh is known for, it’s our neighborhoods. All 90 city nabes, the first-ring suburbs and beyond. We love them deeply, fiercely, with a passion typically reserved for our sports teams. Once, while taking a city-loving visitor around town, we waltzed through Downtown, the North Side, East Liberty, Squirrel Hill, the South Side, the Strip and more. “How many walkable, wonderful neighborhoods can one city have?” he yelled (and we weren’t even halfway through the tour).
We invite you to take a closer look at all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods here. Soon there will be more, along with videos and new photos and updates on the latest happenings.
- 7 Pittsburgh-made pumpkin spice beers & foods that are actually delicious
- PG&H brings furniture and home goods from local makers to Downtown
- Hazelwood Green makes progress, but it could take 20 more years
- Veteran chef Chris Bonfili eager to open Bonfire Food & Drink
- Local startup Subtl Beauty launched because, ‘Let’s face it: Your makeup bag sucks.’
- Are Complete Streets coming to your neighborhood?
- Facebook to expand AI labs in Pittsburgh
- Lawrenceville’s TRYP Hotel will bring two new restaurants to town
- UPMC announces architects and $2 billion hospitals project
- Denzel Washington comes to the August Wilson House to announce $5 million donation
- Matt’s Maker Space opening new locations with plans to add one a year to a deserving school or center
- Bike lanes to be included in Strip District redevelopment
- How Friendship Community Church serves its growing and diverse community
- Point Park’s new $60M Pittsburgh Playhouse makes its debut Downtown
- Tom Hanks appearing at Pittsburgh voting event next week