If there is one thing Pittsburgh is known for, it’s our neighborhoods. All 90 city nabes, the first-ring suburbs and beyond. We love them deeply, fiercely, with a passion typically reserved for our sports teams. Once, while taking a city-loving visitor around town, we waltzed through Downtown, the North Side, East Liberty, Squirrel Hill, the South Side, the Strip and more. “How many walkable, wonderful neighborhoods can one city have?” he yelled (and we weren’t even halfway through the tour).
We invite you to take a closer look at all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods here. Soon there will be more, along with videos and new photos and updates on the latest happenings.
- The Produce Terminal project is a go, will break ground within a month
- Hair therapy: A writer gets a new ‘do (& self-esteem boost) at Alchemy Dry Cut Lounge in Lawrenceville
- Music lovers, the Thunderbird is ready to take flight again in Lawrenceville
- Students in Lebo / Spread warmth in the wintertime / With haiku project
- Got a great tech idea? Startup Boost is offering information sessions this month. Details here.
- Update: DiAnoia’s is opening Pizzeria Davide, an adjacent place for takeout and delivery
- Want to get engaged (and married) at Primanti’s? They’re giving away free weddings.
- The Oaklander Hotel, with great views from penthouse restaurant Spirits & Tales, opening soon
- Family pho-ever: Two Sisters Vietnamese Kitchen opens in East Liberty
- U.S. Army launches AI Task Force at CMU, stirring concerns about lethal machines
- CHiKN’s spicy sandwiches will give you something to squawk about in Oakland
- Affirm announces North Side office, promises 500 fintech jobs in the next several years
- Wigle Whiskey expanding Smallman Street HQ with larger distillery and full bar
- The Government Center is your new record shop, listening lounge and hub for all things musical
- Burk’s BBQ is a small operation in Oakmont that’s big on portions and taste