If there is one thing Pittsburgh is known for, it’s our neighborhoods. All 90 city nabes, the first-ring suburbs and beyond. We love them deeply, fiercely, with a passion typically reserved for our sports teams. Once, while taking a city-loving visitor around town, we waltzed through Downtown, the North Side, East Liberty, Squirrel Hill, the South Side, the Strip and more. “How many walkable, wonderful neighborhoods can one city have?” he yelled (and we weren’t even halfway through the tour).
We invite you to take a closer look at all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods here. Soon there will be more, along with videos and new photos and updates on the latest happenings.
- Teenie Harris Photographs: Baseball in Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh premiere: George Brant’s Grounded
- Pittsburgh Opera presents La Bohème
- Desert Blues: Tinariwen
- Gwen Ifill on What’s Really Going on in Washington
- GA/GI Festival & Unblurred
- Auction preview exhibition & reception
- Don’t miss the B.U.S.!
- Kidsburgh: Kids+Creativity Network Rally
- Reel stories: JFilm Festival
- Sound Series: Neutral Milk Hotel & Elf Power
- Public Market to harness wind power with locally made turbines
- Photo of the week by @beapaintmonkey
- Why I live in Lawrenceville
- The AP takes a glance at free fun in Pittsburgh