If there is one thing Pittsburgh is known for, it’s our neighborhoods. All 90 city nabes, the first-ring suburbs and beyond. We love them deeply, fiercely, with a passion typically reserved for our sports teams. Once, while taking a city-loving visitor around town, we waltzed through Downtown, the North Side, East Liberty, Squirrel Hill, the South Side, the Strip and more. “How many walkable, wonderful neighborhoods can one city have?” he yelled (and we weren’t even halfway through the tour).
We invite you to take a closer look at all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods here. Soon there will be more, along with videos and new photos and updates on the latest happenings.
- Pittsburgh’s Lost Steamboat: Treasures of the Arabia
- Indie folk: Wye Oak
- Tony Awards tap CMU for national award project. CMU launches new TV spot.
- New business incubator will serve entrepreneurs in the Hill District
- StormWorks’ new Hydra not your grandmother’s rainbarrel
- Why I live in the Strip District
- It’s not about organic broccoli; it’s about community development
- No Name Players launch Kickstarter to fund bloody special effects
- Eat/Drink: The Pedaling Baker, Craft Beer Week, food trucks and more
- Flight School: Giving flight to Pittsburgh artists
- Pittsburgh robotics: making winners, changing lives
- Whiskey Barrel Flats begin condo sales pre-construction
- Live music: Deerhoof
- Gallery Crawl in the Cultural District