If there is one thing Pittsburgh is known for, it’s our neighborhoods. All 90 city nabes, the first-ring suburbs and beyond. We love them deeply, fiercely, with a passion typically reserved for our sports teams. Once, while taking a city-loving visitor around town, we waltzed through Downtown, the North Side, East Liberty, Squirrel Hill, the South Side, the Strip and more. “How many walkable, wonderful neighborhoods can one city have?” he yelled (and we weren’t even halfway through the tour).
We invite you to take a closer look at all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods here. Soon there will be more, along with videos and new photos and updates on the latest happenings.
- Millvale comes together to celebrate kids, push new child advocacy effort
- Could tiny houses be Pittsburgh’s next big thing?
- Why all the buzz about this TEDxGrandview Ave video?
- Top 10 outdoor play spaces in Pittsburgh
- Eat/Drink: A whiskey garden on the North Side, Burgatory expanding and more
- Pittonkatonk Brass Festival
- World premiere: Concerto for Orkestra
- Gunning to be the next billion dollar content marketing company. That’s Niche.
- Luxury condos in the Hill. You wouldn’t believe the view.
- Oakland Planning and Development completes new Frazier homes
- Silk Screen Film Festival
- Jazz pianist Robert Glasper
- World premiere: Hope and Gravity
- For the Birds: theater in flight