If there is one thing Pittsburgh is known for, it’s our neighborhoods. All 90 city nabes, the first-ring suburbs and beyond. We love them deeply, fiercely, with a passion typically reserved for our sports teams. Once, while taking a city-loving visitor around town, we waltzed through Downtown, the North Side, East Liberty, Squirrel Hill, the South Side, the Strip and more. “How many walkable, wonderful neighborhoods can one city have?” he yelled (and we weren’t even halfway through the tour).
We invite you to take a closer look at all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods here. Soon there will be more, along with videos and new photos and updates on the latest happenings.
- Noises Off wraps Pittsburgh Public’s masterpiece season
- Kevin McMahon: The Cultural Trust at 30 years
- From concrete to constructive play at Minadeo
- Eat/Drink holiday specials: Grist House Brewing, Maggie’s Farm and more
- Why I live in Bloomfield
- Bruce Springsteen & Joe Grushecky
- Downtown Pittsburgh still showing growth
- The NEXT guide to the Strip District
- Eat/Drink: Finding Pittsburgh food trucks, The Brew Gentlemen and more
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Photo of the week by @pittmommyblog
- Creative Nonfiction launches conference
- The Hill District and Homewood get business infusion
- Conor Oberst with special guest Dawes