If there is one thing Pittsburgh is known for, it’s our neighborhoods. All 90 city nabes, the first-ring suburbs and beyond. We love them deeply, fiercely, with a passion typically reserved for our sports teams. Once, while taking a city-loving visitor around town, we waltzed through Downtown, the North Side, East Liberty, Squirrel Hill, the South Side, the Strip and more. “How many walkable, wonderful neighborhoods can one city have?” he yelled (and we weren’t even halfway through the tour).
We invite you to take a closer look at all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods here. Soon there will be more, along with videos and new photos and updates on the latest happenings.
- Market Square Place wins New Urbanism award
- Eat/Drink: Leona’s ice cream sandwiches, Altius and more
- Repair the World opens new office in East Liberty
- Pittsburgh Pride: Be Brave (and have fun)
- TRAF update: Lucinda Williams, Curtis Harding & more
- The Ben Folds Orchestral Experience
- Hazelwood rising with new Center, Carnegie library and David Lewis art
- Crystal Stilts & Juan Wauters
- Calling all kids to Youth Maker Night!
- Fun Fridays: Dancing in the Square
- PICT Classic Theatre: Waiting for Godot
- Row House Cinema will soft open Friday
- Alt-country: The Old 97’s
- Eat/Drink: Negroni Week, Wigle hosts Lawrenceville, and more
- Downtown’s most unusual Skinny Building is getting a facelift