Welcome to NEXTpittsburgh, the must-read Pittsburgh publication about the people driving change in our city and the innovative and cool things happening here.
Our team of journalists, writers and photographers publish stories daily and send out an eblast twice a week. Subscribe to get NEXT every Tuesday and Friday morning and check back often for the latest news, stories, events and job listings.
More than 200,000 people read NEXT monthly and we are growing every day. From grass-roots activists to heads of foundations, our readers are well-informed and engaged with Pittsburgh.
Our goal is to create an online community focusing on the cool people, projects and places taking Pittsburgh to the next level as a place of creativity and innovation–to figure out what’s next, who’s leading the charge and where we’re all headed.
We do this through news in areas of Biz + Tech news and Design and Innovation along with:
- Neighborhoods: Vivid descriptions and what you need to know about the many charming and scenic neighborhoods that make up our city.
- Jobs: The latest in hiring news throughout the region every Monday and Thursday.
- Eat. Drink. Do: What’s new in the food world. What’s new in the drinking scene. And what to do this week, from new restaurants and food events to innovative dishes and craft drinks. Plus a weekly feature on one person’s “best meal I ate last week.”
- Events: A curated selection of don’t-miss events weekly, from theater to festivals to lectures, including events for kids. Also Top 10 family adventures every month.
- Kidsburgh: From guides (Top 10 restaurants without a kids menu) and news about the people making Pittsburgh a better place to raise kids to revolutionizing education (Yes, Pittsburgh is doing this) and creating innovative play spaces.
- NEXT Up: Get to know the influencers in our community as they dish about their plans for the upcoming week.
- NEXT Wave: A timely spotlight on change makers in the nonprofit world who are doing innovative work in our community.
- Guides to Pittsburgh: from “Four reasons why Pittsburgh is becoming a Buzz City” to “10 best indoor play spaces in Pittsburgh,” to best pizza in town, we present the latest and greatest in our guides section.
We encourage readers to embrace our city, explore its many facets, and to think beyond traditional ways to develop its future.
Got news? Email us here: